
I just wanted to let everyone know the good news...Jeanine is pregnant! Yahoooooo!! We have both looked forward to having children our whole lives...and the time has finally come! We feel so blessed. Heavenly Father has brought us through to this point, and with his help, we will bring one of his children in to this world for us to care for and raise.
We are curious and excited to see what our little babies will look like, but are thrilled to be able to our two lives full of previous learning experiences, and hopefully create an optimal childhood for a few of God's finest. We have been inspired in our lives by our families. First and foremost, our amazing parents...Steve and Jeri and Jerry and Sheri. They are the ones who came together and have stayed together and taught us the best they knew how. I know I speak for Jeanine as well when I say that if one day I can be as good as my parents, I'll be in good shape!
Our siblings have also set great examples of becoming parents. Rob and Felicity with their little Gracy baby and Steph and Jake with Hallie, Savannah, and now Christian. I know that for me during some of the hard times of single-life, I lived for the chances I had to play with my nieces and love them. I always got the benefits of being the uncle, and didn't have to do the hard part of taking care of them 24-7. Stephanie is amazing as a mother. I know Jeanine will also take much advice from Stephanie because she has such a love and respect for her as well.
We are looking forward to having our little baby in January of '09 sometime, and look forward to Our other siblings starting their families as well. There is nothing more beautiful than family. I'm so grateful for the way that I was raised and taught that our family relationships in this life are 2nd only to our personal relationships with God. I'm so grateful for Jeanine and her desire to be a mother. Her deepest desire has been to eventually be a mother. Thanks to Jeri "Momma May" for instilling in Jeanine the sacredness of being a mother. I know Jeanine and I will love our baby the same way we were loved in our homes.
I'm grateful also for all the wonderful friends that we have who are also like family to us. So many of our married friends have set awesome examples of parenting, and we will benefit from having watched them as well!
Thank you all for all your support and love! We hope to see you all this summer! If you're in Orem, please call us and come visit...we're just off the University Pkwy exit in Orem!
-Barrett and Jeanine
14 comments:
???!!!
Congrats!
Congratulations to you both...Jeanine you should call me sometime, I would really like to talk to you!! Carly
I am so excited!!! Ellie was born in January so are kids will only be a year a part. When they get older it will not seem that big of difference. They can become best buddies, we will just have to make sure they don't play any tricks on us when they are teenagers like sneaking out and all the crazy stuff Kenny and Barrett did as kids!!! Love ya I am so happy for you guys!
Congrats guys!! I am so excited for you guys! I am due in December so our little ones will only be month apart! I second what Tara said...we definitely need to keep a close eye on our kids when they get together as teenagers! (I am scared that we (the wives) are going to receive payback for the all the stress our hubbies caused their parents) haha...because you know WE were perfect. :) j/k We love you guys and again CONGRATS!!!
Congratulations to both of you!!! What a fun time for you and your families. Having a little baby in the home brings such a sweet peace.
Sarah Root (Jeanine would know me as Sarah Sparks :) )
Barrett,
Hey, it's Ben and Ashley. We ran across your blog from Heidi's blog. Congrats! It is so good to see that everything is going well for you. It's been a long time since we have seen ya.
Im so excited for you guys...we love you! thank you so much for the kind words!
Love you!
Congratulations you guys!!!! So so so exciting!
How exciting! Nothing compares to the opportunity of raising and learning from your own children. Congratulations.
So exciting!!
Hey Barrett, it's Heidi's friend Suzanne. I just wanted to say congrats! So happy for you two!
barrett! congratulations! its been awhile since the good ol' dish network days, are you still managing there?
congratulations you two! You will both make amazing parents, we're so happy for you!
Post a Comment