Thursday, October 2, 2008

September 08 in Review

Ok, so everyday that passes, I feel bad that we have not been better at updating our blog! So many of you are regulars and so I really want to do better! Lately it seems a whole month has gone by before we even realize!

Anyways, life has never been better for the Johnson family. :) The weeks are flying by, which is nice because Jeanine is counting down the days left to work...and we're both counting down the days till our little baby girl's arrival! (I sometimes wonder if I'll ever be able to stop kissing her cheeks when she finally gets here!) Until then, Jeanine gets probably more cheek smooches than she'd like ;)


The month of September was an awesome month for the Johnsons though! Here are some of the events- In no particular order...

1) Found out that we're having a GIRL! (This is the BIG ONE. We both feel like we're living a dream because we both always dreamed of having children and being in love with our spouse...check, check. :) Its a blast to feel here moving around and kicking inside of Jeanine's belly. We feel so blessed because Jeanine seems to be bred for this "Mom thing." I feel bad when she has heartburn or can't sleep very well, but she is a champ about it and I'm proud of her for toughing it out!

2) Got our home painted throughout and new carpet...and a new couch! Not to mention we re-did our Master Vanity with HQ Cabinets. It turned out great! Thanks to Steve Anderson, Doug Helsten, and Sergio for helping with the details! And special thanks to Bracken Hudson and Brett Allred who were very generous in donating the cabinets ;)

3) We got to spend alternating weekends with both sides of the family to celebrate birthdays and see family from out of town. ;)...

- We had a BBQ Celebration for Grandma Greaves at a park in Orem and we got to see most of the cousins on my Mom's side of the family. We missed seeing Derrick and Mandy and their family, and Mitch and Jason Greaves...and of course Carol and Allen and all their kids...but other than that, most everyone was there!

*Momma May graduates from Massage Therapy school! She now has the complete package to offer with her Mobile Spa Business! Way to go Momma May- We love you!

*Got to hang out with Jeanine's older brother Rob and his family, Felicity and Gracey. It was so great to hang out with them all! It was really my first time hanging out with Rob since Jeanine and I got married, so it was nice to get to know him a little better :)

*Garrett May got into Law School in San Diego with a scholarship! Way to go G. Anyone who knows my love for school, will believe me when I say how impressive that is to me ;)

*Night out to Tuchanos Grille with the May family! Thanks Papa May!

*Celebrated Hallie Belle's birthday and my Dad's birthday as well! We're so grateful to live close to both sides of our family. There's always lots of reasons to get together :)

4)We hosted a little BYU party with some friends from our ward. It was the week BYU killed UCLA- Great times. We are so grateful for our awesome ward and amazing friends that we are making... Our bishop is awesome (He was my mission-prep teacher at UVSC institute). And there are so many young married couples in our ward that are in the same stage of life that we are...so we tend to have a lot in common...and a lot to talk about! We have amazing neighbors (also in the ward) who have helped us out whenever we need it, etc. Thank you all. We love you!

5) We had a get together with long-time friends at the Mortensen's new home in Orem. Their new home is beautiful and we always have a great time when we get together! The Morty's, the Bartons, the Marshalls, the Kerekes', the Merrills, the Rowe's...to name a few :)

6) We Netflixed "Harry and the Hendersons" because it was one of our favorite movies from childhood and with a couple of work nights dedicated to veggin on the couch...We finally saw the whole thing! Definitely a family-classic :)

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, you two are so cute and Im so happy for your baby news!! Congrats!! Barrett you are a very lucky guy cause Jeanine you are beautiful! Good luck with everything! :) Jenn

Cristina said...

We love having ya'll as awesome neighbors! I never got a chance to tell you how hilarious "Beau's letter to Harley" was! I just re-read that comment yesterday and it was great! Harley checks yes, she told me.

Mel's Family said...

I am so excited for that baby girl!!! love you guys, Mel

Shara said...

Yea I am back and we must play soon. Tell Jeanine that she needs to come and do girly baby projects with me :) We love ya'll! Lets BBQ soon :) yummy!

Lacy said...

I peek at you guys every once in awhile. You are the cutest couple ever. I am so glad you are happy. I can't wait for you to have a baby girl. Girls are the best!!

Haley said...

What a great post! THanks for the update! You remember things so well and have such a way with words! Love you both oh so much :)xoxo

Tara said...

Jeanine, or Beej, preferably Jeanine because she never posts stuff. I tagged you, read our blog to know what you are supposed to do.
Kenny

Amy D. said...

Who knew you two had a blog??? Good to find you!