Tuesday, May 18, 2010

29

Well this is a very un-Jeanine like post .. but being that I turned 29 yesterday I thought it would be a good time to reflect and express my gratitude.
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for the next year and what it has in store.

I am so happy to say I love my husband more and more each day. He is very good to me and loves me through all of my short comings and is patient with me while I learn patience.. Barrett is my best friend . It brings me joy to say that cause there was a time where I don't think we could have said that. I have learned that I can come to him with anything and he will support me and love me. I know that he really believes that I can do Anything .. which is such a wonderful feeling , cause sometimes I doubt myself. I love you Barrett , You made my birthday so special I feel your love, I look forward to many many more years of happiness together ! xoxox

My sweet Berlin .. I don't know where to begin.. maybe with here doe like eyes that melt my heart each day,. She has this way she looks up at you and I literally have to stop whatever I am in the middle of and just love on her. I had no clue what was in store for Barrett and I as we became parents. Berlin in a lot of ways saved me.. mostly from myself. She has taught me more in the last 16 months about who I really am then I learned in the 27 years without her.
Her cute little Johnson nose .. it is so darlings I love to pinch it kiss it and nuzzle it with my own.
Her smile (6 teeth) she has so many different ones , cheesy , bashful, silly, flirty and sweet . I love them all and if your lucky she will give you one.
Berlin is very determined and we just love that about her.. I love that I can ask her yes and no questions and she can answer me .. it makes the day so much easier .
My favorite thing is when you go to get her out of her crib she sits there and with the most angelic harp like voice and says "hi" "hi" till you pick her up and then she lays her head on you and pats your back. Ohhh it makes me all gooey just thinking about it . She holds my heart . I cannot imagine my life without her.

I love my family . I feel like we learn from one another all the time . It is really hard living far away from my siblings . I love them all so much. They have married wonderful people that I consider my brothers and sisters. They all take such good care of each other it makes my heart happy . My baby sister Erinn had a baby 2 weeks ago. What a special experience to watch your only sister become a mom. She is adjusting beautifully and is such a natural. Erinn although 5 years younger has always been a good example to me.. and all of us , I love that we are not only sisters and we love each other so deeply , but that she is one of my dearest friends. We always have such a good time together. I cherish the time we spend together. My brothers are not only devilishly handsome and will charm the heck out of you, funny and oh-so protective of there sisters , they are smart and hard workers . I love them and miss them so much ! I have loved watching them start families . My parents are incredible people, two of the most unselfish individuals you may ever meet. My whole life I was loved unconditionally , they taught me by example and gave all they had for us all . I am so so glad that I have my parents close by .. not only to continue to love me and support me , but to love Berlin.

My Johnson family - I am so lucky that Barrett had you all and now I do too ! You have welcomed me into your family with open arms and hearts . I love your passion for family and togetherness. I have learned from each one of you . Thank you for all of your love and support . I am so grateful for good strong women in my life and that's what each of you are. You have fabulous husbands for Barrett to look towards as well . I love you all so such , Linny is lucky to have you all so close !


8 comments:

Jeanine said...

Dear Nene- You are so very loved by all who know you. Especially me. ME

Haley said...

I loved reading your special words about your Barrett and all the family. We sure love you, Jeanine.
Love, Sheri

Mel's Family said...

I was touched by your words. I'm so happy to know that you are happy. I'm coming to Utah next week (bringing Molly, she's moving to Orem) I hope I get to see you and finally meet that little princess of yours! XOXOXOMel

Heidi said...

you got me all teary... Ah, gotta love being a girl...and pregnant on top of it! :) I love you. I love that you are happy. We are SO thankful we have you. It is a beautiful life! (so profoundly put today by Hallie Belle)

steven may said...

It's a great thing to take a moment and reflect on all we have.

Hallie is right,, it is a beautiful life!

MOM

Ben N Nessa said...

So excited for you to enjoy your next year, too! :) You guys are such wonderful people, and we are so blessed to be your neighbors and have you in our lives. Loves!

Erinn said...

Happy Birthday Nene! We love you so much. Thanks for being my sissy.

xoxo

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Im happy you had a great bday! You got me crying too...although Im not prego so I have no excuse, just happy to hear all is well. Love ya!