Monday, June 7, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle

Well Barrett and are are finally off on a much needed long over due vacation ALONE !
We choose Seattle for no particular reason other than we both have always wanted to go .
So far it has been wonderful . Our flight was great ! Barrett gabbed with the little old lady next to him while I read. It is absolutely beautiful here !! We are right in the middle of downtown great shopping and the harbor is all within walking distance . Today we headed down to Pikes Market..
Day one highlight was walking though the open market getting fresh Peonies, they are ridiculously beautiful !!



waiting to board to the plane



this isn't where I actually got my flowers .. but lovely none the less

Okay.. is that the cutest dress ever ... UMMM yeah !!

This was a little break we took after Pike's market. This dude came up and said he was a modern day Shakespeare and that he wanted to tell us a "14-second" poem about love. I asked him how much he wanted to charge us and he said that it was up to us and that he had been given $1,000 once before...lol. So then he instructed us to make eye contact and tell each other "I love you." We were not to break eye contact until he was finished. Then he recited his poem which kind of reminded me of the poem that is recited at the beginning of the movie Finding Forester.. He said we should kiss ... I gave him two bucks... Oh the random things that happen in a big city


LOOOVVVEEED the Flowers!

This guy from Russia swindled $25 out of us for a goofy 6-minute picture. Who knows where he got the dress I'm wearing! And Barrett's teeth are big, but come on man! LOL - Great memory

I was gushing over this little pup, and Barrett insisted I take a picture with him.

6 comments:

steven may said...

So glad you're having fun-we are too. Linny is happy and safe and peacefully sleeping as we speak.

MOM

Mel's Family said...

I hope you two have a wonderful time together. It looks absolutely beautiful. I, too, am a sucker for all the flowers. Have fun. And keep posting...I love that! XOXOXOmel
PS It was so good to see you Nene and to finally meet that sweet little Linny!

Erinn said...

Oh la la...loving the drawing of you Nene!

Heidi said...

how great that you are blogging while youre gone! I love it! You both look happy... and yes, it was time for you to vacation together... The memories made on vacations are priceless. :) love you guys.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ben N Nessa said...

looks like you guys are having a blast! I loved reading this post! I want some guy to read a poem to me while I stare in Ben's eyes...hahaha! Classic! Was it romantic, at all? Prob. worth the 2 bucks though, huh?! Love the pictures! You're doing a great job of documenting!