Monday, February 7, 2011

The end of another journey

Today at our routine monthly appointment they couldn't find a heartbeat. So after a bitter ultrasound with the lack of life starring you in the face. The reality of what you now have to deal with starts to become very real .
~
After having a miscarriage this summer at 10 weeks I felt like I could take a deep breath once
we past that "milestone" and were still looking and sounding good.
There is no way to prepare for these feelings .. sadness, disappointment and the why did this happen again. But sometimes there are no answers , sometimes it just hurts and its okay to let it hurt. I am forever grateful for my sweet Berlin, she really does make the sting of this whole situation bearable .
So... another chapter in the Johnson story has been written . Sometimes they are happy and sometimes they are full of tears and wet pillows into the night.
But each one is ours, these lessons of life are hard and unpredictable . But they make us who we are .



17 comments:

Annika said...

Hey, it is Annika. Jake told us tonight. I am so sorry!!! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Berlin is darling!

Mel's Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. XOXOXOmel

alondra said...

Oh, I read this with such a heavy heart. Jeanine, you and your family deserve all the happiness in the world & I couldnt be more sorry that this happened to you. We too, will keep you in our prayers. We love you dearly!

Erinn said...

My sweet Sissy, I love you. I'm so sorry.

I love you more than a 1000 Swedish fish.

Matt and Gina Cook said...

So sorry to hear. It sure makes you stop and think to be thankful for what we have. Love ya your in my thoughts and prayers

Sarah and John Root said...

Hi Jeanine, I hope you don't mind that I read your blog about your cute little family. I just wanted you to know you are in my prayers and I am so sorry. I have been in your shoes and it isn't easy...thinking of you at this time.

Sarah Root (Sparks)

Kara said...

Oh Jeanine. I am in tears right now after reading your news. I am so sorry for your loss. Squeeze your sweet Linny and know that there's a reason for everything, even if we don't know at the time what it is. Lots of love and prayers headed your way.

Swensons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swensons said...

I second Erinns post and i will add some chocolate in there as well :)
I'm crying as i type and i know there is nothing that I can say that will make it better.
Know that i love you amd me and miss millie will say a special little prayer for you and your family
lots of kisses

Jeri May said...

It's it wonderful to feel the love and concern of so many.

Shelly said...

Oh so sorry to hear, but I sure like your sweet additude! You will get through it! We will pray for you!

Steph said...

I'm so sorry!! This breaks my heart to read this. I hope you are doing okay. If you need anything at all, please let me know!!

pr3850 said...

Jeanine, I'm so sorry my heart hurts for you both. I will keep you in my prayers.

pr3850 said...

pr3850 Is me Tiana!

Ben N Nessa said...

Amen Jeanine...love your post, even though it's sad. Love you guys.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

We love you.

adam and erica said...

I haven't checked your blog for a bit. I can't believe how big Berlin is! She's a doll! Sorry to hear about the miscarriages...that's hard. Good to have your sweet girl to cheer you up!